Friday, July 22, 2011

The Wire



The first thing I'm going to talk about, is something really deserving. The Wire is HBO's crime drama, which I've been hearing about more and more lately. In recent months I watched through all the five seasons (made 2002-2008) and I have to agree that it's fucking great! Deep writing, brilliant acting and realistic depiction of crime world made me a real fan of the series. Some people call it the best TV-series ever made and they sure have a point.
Although the main characters remain mostly the same, every season focuses on different aspects of the crime and drug dealing of Baltimore, where the series takes place. First season is about drug corners, second about docks and smuggling, third focuses on government and corruption, fourth is about school system and the fifth season brings in the journalism angle.
The Wire wasn't very successful when it came out, as it was hard to follow after missing some episodes and used heavy doses of gangster and cop slang. I mean, what the hell is an affidavit? Why is everybody axing questions instead of asking them? Still, I very much suggest getting all the episodes and having a little Wire-marathon.
Shiiiiit...

Saiko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers